Eating healthy means you need to include all the nutrients in your diet in a proportional manner. It is as simple as that. But many people think that eating healthy means they have to follow some complicated formula. There are many benefits of eating healthy diets too.
Healthy food improves your mood and to stay in good mood is really important. This helps you achieve a lot in life too. So what are these diets that help you stay healthy? You should include some or all of these in your diet which will ensure that you stay healthy and you will be kept away from contacting some of the deadly diseases.
Here are 8 such diets including which in your diet you will stay healthy and also ward of some life threatening diseases too.
1. Blueberries contain antioxidants and consuming these often will help the prevention of cancer, age related memory changes and diabetes. You can even substitute these blueberries with prunes, acai berries, strawberries and raisins.
2. Spinach is another food that is a must to include in your diet. Consume it as often as possible. This contains folate, omega-3 fatty acid which reduces the risk of stroke, heart disease and osteoporosis. Substitution for this can be kale, and bok choy.
3. Yoghurt contains certain elements that promote the growth of some beneficial bacteria in the body. It is considered as a probiotic substance. Its consumption gives you protection against cancer. Soy yogurt and kefir are its substitutes.
4. Tomatoes contain the antioxidant lycopene. Presence of this in the body can reduce the risk of cancer. This can be substituted by water melon, papaya, guava and other foods that contain the red pigment found in tomatoes
5. Carrots contain carotenoids which help in reducing the risk of cancer. Also consuming this you can have a reduced risk of contracting inflammatory conditions like arthritis and asthma. It can be substituted with butternut squash, yellow pepper, sweet potato, mango and other food items that are yellow and orange pigmented like the carrot.
6. Black beans are said to be good for the heart. Also they can boost the brain power. These contain anthocyanin which are antioxidant compounds which help improve the brain function.
7. Walnuts should be part of your daily diet as it contains polyphenols, omega-3 fatty acids. You will face less risk of some of the deadly diseases if these are part of your diet. Other nuts like peanuts, hazelnuts, almonds too have similar effects. You can use a combination of these nuts to get the maximum benefit.
8. Oats contains soluble fiber which is really essential for our bodies. So include oats in your diet and you will not fall sick often. Heart disease can be kept at bay by eating a diet rich in oats often. Flaxseed, quinoa and wild rice have the same effects as oats. So sometimes include these too in your diet.
Include all these or few of them often and stay healthy and also your trip to the hospital and medical shops will be reduced a lot with the consumption of these.