Meditation is in practice since ancient times and it is used to enhance relaxation, spiritual connection and enlightenment. It has many different kind of forms but the most common meditation involves sitting in a peaceful and calm place then concentrating on a single idea or place. Some like to do meditation alone and some in groups. A person can examine his thoughts, feelings, experiences under meditation. Here are the 5 reasons why one should be addicted to meditation –
- Get rid of stress – In this busy life, almost everyone is going though some kind of stress. From kid to youngsters and to the older persons, all are going through stress. Kids have stress of their exams, youngsters are worried about their career and adults are the one who are under lot of pressure because of family problems, responsibilities and so on. Stress is also the main reason of diseases these days. Therefore, to cope up with stress one does not need to visit the doctor. Meditation is the best practice to get rid of stress. It not only helps you mentally or physically but it also directly impacts your nervous system. Meditation increases the relaxation response by decreasing oxygen consumption, respiratory rate, blood pressure and heart rate.
- Emotional Intelligence – Nowadays people are suffering from anxiety, anger or sadness and sometimes they are not even aware of the reason that why they are sad or angry. But meditation helps in getting touch with your emotions. When you are sitting alone in a peaceful place without any distractions then you have the ability to talk to yourself. You can then think about the situation or circumstances properly and it always helps you to find a right solution to that.
- Less Cardiovascular Diseases- Increasing stress, depression, work load are the main reasons that the cardiovascular diseases are increasing among people. But according to a study, those who practice meditation regularly from 6 to 9 months have 11% lower risk of heart attack and patients with heart rate variability and blood pressure have improved a lot.
- Increased Focus and Mental Clarity – When you are doing meditation regularly then you stay more focused. Working people should not avoid meditation at all because they have to be active for 9-10 hours and have to stay focused and they have to think about so many new things, ideas for work. Therefore, it is really not possible to stay focused and energetic for this much time but those who are practicing meditation regularly do not find it difficult at all.
- Insomnia – Earlier this used to come under a disease where person was not able to sleep but it has become common these days. Now people are not sleeping from their own wish. The reason behind this is excessive work, parties and internet. Not getting enough sleep will result into many kinds of body problems such as weight gain, stress, fatigue etc. But again meditation can help you in this case also. It will help you get sound sleep at night. Even in insomniac patients, it has been observed that with regular meditation and with zero medicines they improved a lot and now they are able to sleep.
Meditation is not just limited to these 5 reasons but there are thousands of many other reasons to get addicted to it. It helps in maintain the whole body from head to toe. So, one should involve meditation in the daily routine and should make it a habit. Once you start practicing it regularly, you will find changes in yourself on your own.